Attend LIVE Instructor Led Electrical Safety Training By Entering Our Web-Based Classroom
Rozel is now offering our great instructor-led classroom training via a web link. This is the perfect solution for companies who need and want high-quality NFPA 70E based electrical safety training. Students can join the class using their computers or even cell phones from any location that has an internet connection.
Choose between corporate site-specific training or an open enrollment format.
Corporate Site-Specific training will be a closed session held only for your employees. In this format, the training can be tailored to your needs. Together we find a time and date that fits your facility’s schedule so all your workers can attend together. Off-shift sessions can be provided if requested. If you would like more information see our contact information at the bottom of the page.
Open Enrollment training is held in open to the public sessions. This is a great option for employers that have small groups or individuals who need to be trained. Click here to see our open enrollment training schedule.
Our training will be live, and instructor-led by the same instructors used to conduct on-site training. Your workers will have real-time interaction with our trainer, the same as if we were completing training at your location. Rozel’s virtual classroom training will engage students using the same teaching methods that we employ in our face to face setting. Students will be able to engage in conversation, share their experiences and ask questions. The instructor will use visual demonstrations, case studies, whiteboards, and classroom exercises to keep the students engaged creating an atmosphere of learning.
What will we learn?
Our Electrical Safety in the Workplace training is specifically designed to meet the NFPA 70E training requirements for employees who work on or near energized electrical equipment.
This course will provide electrical workers with the knowledge and skill needed to recognize the shock and arc flash hazards that they encounter in their daily work activities. The students will understand the decision-making process necessary to assess the associated risk, perform job safety planning, select the appropriate risk control methods, including the proper use of PPE.
This course includes documented tests and hands-on sessions designed to meet the OSHA and NFPA 70E requirements for qualified worker training.
At the completion of the training the employee will be able to:
- Describe the types of electrical hazards present in the workplace
- Identify the OSHA regulations that pertain to electrical safety
- Explain an OSHA Consensus standard
- Describe how electricity affects the human body
- Explain the difference between step and touch potential
- Describe the methods of Safe Contact Release
- List the hierarchy of risk controls
- Define a qualified person
- Perform the steps required to create an electrically safe condition
- Identify the proper test instrument
- Recognize the Limits of Approach
- Describe protective barriers and shields
- Describe alerting methods
- Describe the methods used to select insulating gloves
- Test insulating gloves
- Recognize insulating tools
- Describe the requirements for flexible cord use, maintenance and inspection
- Explain the requirements for a job brief
- State the requirements for performing energized work
- Define an arcing fault
- Describe the hazards associated with arc flash/blast events
- Identify common arc flash hazards
- Understand how to read an arc flash warning label
- Understand the relationship between time, fault current and incident energy
- Determine personal protective equipment requirements based on incident energy
- State the care and maintenance requirements of electrical personal protective equipment
- Identify the rating, use, and limitations of arc flash personal protective equipment
- Perform an arc flash and shock hazard risk assessment
Download a Copy
Need a copy of the full course description just click the button below.
Length of Class and What’s Included
One day (6 contact hours) of live instructor-led training.
A hard copy of Rozel’s 86 page electrical safety instruction manual. This manual was developed by Rozel’s staff of Professional Engineers and NFPA Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professionals. Students will use this manual to follow along with the lesson material being presented and can be used as a future reference for safe electrical work practices.
Rozel Electrical Safety Job Aids such as Energized Electrical Work Permits, Pre-job brief cards, Arc flash and shock hazard PPE Poster, etc.
Each student will receive a completion certificate. Employers can receive a student sign-in sheet for their records as requested.
Prior to training, materials are sent in advance to one location.
Each participant will need the ability to sign in to our virtual classroom via the internet.
1 copy of the 2021 Edition of NFPA 70E will be provided for reference as part of the training materials, should additional copies be desired they can be purchased from us for $80.00 each or purchased directly from the NFPA website.
Need More Information or Ready to Order?
Joe Weissenburger Sr.
Director of Sales
Cell (515) 344-3457
Visit our website fill out the contact form we’ll contact you immediately
After having the NFPA70E training, when do you have to renew it?
Thanks for the question concerning the renewal of your electrical safety training. NFPA 70E requires that qualified workers receive retraining every three years. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.