(913) 667-9896 info@70eConsultants.com

Just de-energizing can get you hurt

Tragic Event That Could Have Been Avoided  U.S. Department of Labor investigators determined the 33-year-old employee of an Alabama Cabinet company was electrocuted when he came into contact with a 277-volt circuit while replacing a light fixture in a paint boot in...

Oil Testing Can Cause Transformer Failures

Power distribution and other types of transformers can have their internal windings and core submersed in oil. The oil is passed through a radiator mounted to the outside of the transformer ultimately cooling the windings. The oil is also used to insulate the core and...

How To Read An Arc Flash Label

Arc Flash/shock hazard warning labels are specifically designed to help protect qualified workers who have to examine, adjust, service, or maintain electrical equipment while energized. It is important to understand the information given on the label to protect...

Understanding OSHA Deenergizing Rules

Fatalities that are Easily Preventable I was recently reviewing OSHA accident investigation data from 2020, In one case an employee was pulling wire into an electrical cabinet. At some point, the employee contacted a live wire or other live electrical component in the...